Unit iUCT24: Provide Body Massage for Complementary Therapies
Classes are taught in small groups, using talks, lectures, visuals and detailed practical demonstration. Students work closely with the tutor learning not only the techniques but also how to protect themselves from the strain and stress while carrying out body therapy.
You will learn
- Full body massage using following techniques – effleurage, petrissage, percussions including hacking, cupping, beating, pounding, tapotement.
- Treatment environment and working area
- Therapist appearance and behaviour
- Client care and preparation
- Client consultations including contraindications and restrictions
- Reflective practice
Unit iUCT38 - Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies:
Understand the anatomy, physiology and pathologies of each system:
- Organisation of the body
- Skin, Hair, Nails
Assignment 2: Unit iUCT34 Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
Plan and prepare an appropriate business plan for a potential complementary therapy practice
Assignment 1: Unit 384 Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies
Identify and explain the origins and principles of 4 other complementary therapies.
If you have already covered these assignments in a previous qualification such as a Reflexology Diploma, we may be able to RPL (recognition of prior learning). Get in touch to find out if this applies to you!
Unit UIP4: Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for complementary therapies and sports massage
The aim of this unit is to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and how to work safely. Learners will develop knowledge on the importance of social responsibility, the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19, and the methods used to control transmission, such as correct hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They will also gain an understanding of the safe working practices required to protect themselves and their clients.
On completion of this unit, learners will:
- LO1 Understand the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19
- LO2 Understand social responsibility for the complementary therapy and sports massage sectors in relation to COVID-19
- LO3 Understand the controls necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- LO4 Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Hand Hygiene and Personal Hygiene in the prevention of COVID-19
- LO5 Understand potential hazards and risks and the workplace procedures necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the complementary therapy/sports massage environment
- LO6 Understand decontamination and waste management processes relevant to complementary therapies and sports massage