This course is ideal for therapists wishing to understand more about how our body’s fascia system works.
On this very practical, day workshop you will learn how to release the body’s Myofascial tissue using vacuum cupping.
What are the main benefits?
- Reduces tight knots adhesion
- Increases blood flow and tissue repair
- Increases your clients range of movement of joints
- Good to work with Neck and Back pain
- Ideal tool for Sports Therapists
- Reduces overuse of your hands and wrists
What is Myofascial Cupping?
Myofascial Cupping is a modified version of the ancient Eastern style Cupping. It differs by specifically targeting the Musculo-Skeletal system rather than the meridian systems used by traditional Chinese practitioners. It also uses plastic cups and vacuum suction rather than glass cups and a naked flame to create suction. A hand operated vacuum pump is used to induce a vacuum inside a cylinder sealed to the skin by the use of oil or cream. The vacuum “draws” the soft tissue perpendicular to the skin thus providing a tensile force to the soft tissue system, which can be left in one site for a prolonged period or moved along the tissue.