Professional Level 4 sports massage qualifications with a blend of interactive online home study and class attendance
The ITEC Level 4 certificate in sports massage further develops your understanding of fascial imbalances within the body, giving you specialised techniques of stretching tight muscle groups (Muscle Energy Techniques & Soft Tissue Release) and orthapedic special tests to identify joint and fascial defects. Level 4 will take your postural assessment techniques to the next level, allowing you to understand postural imbalances and develop your skills to correct these.
Ideal for anyone looking to further their sports massage career and work in professional sporting teams settings. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be a professional Level 4 sports massage therapist and will be able to update insurance and gain membership of professional associations including the CNHC. The ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage is an internationally recognised qualification enabling you to work in the following settings:
- In your own private practice, as a self-employed practitioner.
- In a salon, clinic, health club, spa or hotel.
- In the NHS, hospice or other healthcare setting.
This course will also allow you to progress onto the ITEC Level 5 Certificate in Sports Massage.
- L4 Sports Massage theory online e-learning to be completed prior to your classroom attendance dates via interactive presentations, videos, written materials and quizzes
- 6 days classroom tuition - learning the practical hand skills and consultation process required to be a Level 4 sports therapist
- Polo shirt (given on first day of your classroom attendance)
- Biweekly Zoom study sessions with your tutor (optional to attend)
- Weekly access to 'Thursday Evenings' - a space to come and practice, learn from others and be a part of a community of therapists
- Small class groups (8-10 max) providing maximum support for each student
- ITEC Registration & final exam fees are all included in the course cost
- Access to our private Facebook group with local job opportunities and equipment listings
- Free Business Building workshops
For more detail please click on the course syllabus tab.
Choosing how and when to study:
On booking your course, you will have instant access to the Level 4 sports massage online pre-learning study which will include an introduction to MET, STR and special tests as well as developing your assessment techniques. When you join us in the classroom for your 6 days attendance, you will review this and further explore and develop your assessment and hand skills.
Your 6 days classroom attendance can be selected from the date options below. We offer the classroom days over Fast Track, Mon/Tues or Thurs/Fri.
Fast Track: This refers to how the course days are studied rather than fast tracking you through the course. When selecting the "Fast Track" course date options, you will attend for 6 consecutive days (usually Monday-Saturday). This allows you to begin your coursework as soon as you complete your block of classroom days.
Mon/Tues: When selecting a course date option for Mon/Tues, you will attend your 6 classroom days over the course of 3 weeks on Mondays and Tuesdays. You can begin your coursework towards the end of your classroom days.
Thurs/Fri: When selecting a course date option for Thurs/Fri, you will attend your 6 classroom days over the course of 3 weeks on Thursday and Fridays. You can begin your coursework towards the end of your classroom days.
Take a look at the Assessment Criteria tab for more information on coursework and examination requirements.
If you are new to the industry, take a look at the first step towards training in sports massage with our Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage.