Unit iUCT40 Provide Aromatherapy for Complementary Therapies
View the full ITEC syllabus here
Classes are taught in a relaxed environment using talks, lectures, visuals and detailed practical demonstration. Students will cover the following:
- Working properties of 45 essential oils
- Properties of 7 Carrier oils
- Oil blending, synergies, definitions
- Diseases & Disorders of all body systems
- Advanced massage techniques, lymphatic drainage and acupressure points
- Skincare & Facials
- Advice on using Aromatherapy for Stress Management and cancer patients. Signposting and advice for recommended further CPD training.
- Learn to make your own creams and lotions for treatments
Unit iUCT38 - Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies:
Understand the anatomy, physiology and pathologies of each system:
- Organisation of the body
- Skin, Hair, Nails
Assignment 2: Unit iUCT34 Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
Plan and prepare an appropriate business plan for a potential complementary therapy practice
Assignment 1: Unit 384 Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies
Identify and explain the origins and principles of 4 other complementary therapies.
If you have already covered these assignments in a previous qualification such as a Massage Diploma, we may be able to RPL (recognition of prior learning). Get in touch to find out if this applies to you!