Aromatherapy Awareness Week
7th – 13th June 2021
Aromatherapy Awareness Week has officially started! Hosted by the International Federation of Aromatherapists (IFA), this annual awareness week aims to draw attention to the important role aromatherapy plays in healthcare management.
Aromatherapy Awareness Week is an ideal opportunity for therapists who use essential oils in their practice to spread knowledge and expertise about the benefits of Aromatherapy.
Here a few ways you can use this week as a platform to build your therapy business by connecting with new and existing clients.
In pre-covid times, start by putting yourself in front of a new audience, such as hosting an aromatherapy evening with friends and neighbours or offering your time to speak at a local community group. At present, group gatherings aren't possible so it's best to stick with the virtual networking ideas listed below:
Use your client database
- Reach out to your existing clients to tell them about the awareness week, remind them of the benefits of Aromatherapy and share any special offers you may have running for the week.
- Offer a low cost, short introductory session for new clients who book with you during this week. You could ask supportive clients to share the offer with their friends and family.
Use social media
Love it or hate it, social media is a great way to join the conversation during an awareness week.
- Use the hashtags such #aromatherapyawarenessweek and #aromatherapyawarenessweek2021 to get in front of a new audience.
- Host a 'live' session on Facebook or Instagram, talking through the variety of ways you can use essential oils and the health benefits of using Aromatherapy.
- Share your favourite blends and a simple blend recipe that your followers could create at home.
- Share some of the useful social media content created by the IFA this week on your social media pages.
- Film a short video of you delivering a treatment to a client and share it on your social media pages.
Tap into some FREE resources
The International Federation of Aromatherapists has some fantastic, downloadable marketing resources for practitioners to use. Find out more more by visiting:
Don't forget to keep us up to date with your marketing activity this week by tagging the Cotswold Academy in your social media posts. We will try to share as many as we can! Find us at @cotswold_academy (Instagram) and @CotswoldAcademy on Facebook.