Injury Prevention Massage (I.P.M)
Ever get pain associated with treating many clients a day?
Arms, lower back, hands, wrists starting to feel the strain of your job?
Want to prevent the above from occurring when starting your practice?
If you answered yes to any of the above or maybe you are keen to learn about helping your body not feel the strain then this masterclass is for you. It is a fantastic opportunity for professional massage therapists and therapists within the spa and leisure industry to acquire new skills to ensure your career will continue to be a healthy and rewarding one that you deserve.
- Review of common therapist injuries; symptoms, anatomy, prevention and stretches
- Postural assessment of the upper back; principles of posture including core stability and self awareness, understanding facia
- Looking after ourselves as therapists; review elements of self care
- Movement in massage; removing strain from the upper body and engaging the lower limbs, IPM techniques, facia health
- Practical focus on the back; IPM techniques in practice, incorporating techniques into massage practice
- IPM for the whole body; holistic massage
Certification and CPD:
The Cotswold Academy - 5 CPD points
The student must supply evidence of their qualification in Massage
Tutor: Yvonne Lockhart
**Please contact the academy if as an employer you wish your staff to receive a group-training day**
How do I pay?
The full balance for all 1 day courses will be due on receipt of receiving your welcome pack. Please complete an enrolment form online to book your place. You will then receive an email with your invoice and welcome letter and details of how to make payment.
Payment can be made via bank transfer or cheque. If you would like to pay via Credit Card, please let us know upon receiving your invoice and we will send through a link for payment.
SHARE IDEAS AND KNOWLEDGE
THURSDAY EVENINGS FROM 6PM-9PM
If you are interested in looking at a career in this industry, planning to do a course with us or just wishing to look around, our free Thursday Evenings could be the place to start.