Certificate in Hot Stone Therapy (FHT Accredited)
Hot Stone Therapy is an advanced therapeutic massage technique using the applications of thermotherapy and cryotherapy. This involves the use of heated volcanic basalt stones and cold marble stones.
This extremely popular therapy originates from ancient Native American traditions. Whilst hot stone treatment provides deep relaxation, positivity, balance and healing for our clients it also helps maintain a healthy therapist, preventing strain, wear and tear on the therapist’s joints/muscles.
- The types of stones & equipment needed
- Temperature regulation
- Contra indications and Health and Safety
- Preparing the stones, body application
- Sterilization and care of the stones
- Product Knowledge
- Treatment timing
- Practical demonstration
- Practical – Full Body
- Care of equipment, tools, stones, crystals
- 3 x 3 Case Studies (3 people x 3 times)
- Plus half day assessment date to be confirmed on start of the course
ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage or equivalent
Tutor: Annette Stoker/Yvonne Lockhart
Attendance: 9.30am to 4pm
Date of Half Day Assessment to be confirmed during the course.
Costs & Dates:
Price: £250 + VAT
August 2017: 7th-8th
Sept 2017: 16th-17th
December 2017: 6th-7th
Recommended Books for Course:
How do I pay?
A 25% deposit is payable immediately to secure your place, with the remaining balance due at least 4 weeks prior to the start of your course.
Want to buy your own kit? Here's what we recommend:
Hot Stone Heater – 18 quart/6 quart depending on preference and whether working mobile
- 52 Piece set of basalt stones (can be 50 or less as kits do vary but make sure there are a set of toe stones included) Natural ones are better than the handmade ones which are almost to regular but we can work with them if necessary.
- Pair Heat resistant gloves
- Sterilizing tablets
- 3 Net Bags
- Slotted spoon (wooden or plastic)
- Net Scrubber
- Pillow case
- Tree tree/surgical spirits/sea salts
- Set of cold marble stones
Hot Stone Heated Bag – no water used to heat the stones - available online.
SHARE IDEAS AND KNOWLEDGE
THURSDAY EVENINGS FROM 6PM-9PM
If you are interested in looking at a career in this industry, planning to do a course with us or just wishing to look around, our free Thursday Evenings could be the place to start.