This detailed 2 day course is designed for the sports massage practitioners, sports therapists, remedial instructors, coaches and those working in the sports industry. This course will teach the safe and effective application of a number of taping techniques to cover joint stability of all the major joints. Techniques taught can be used for practitioners that work in both clinic environments as well as in a sports team. The aim of this course is to enable learners to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide taping and strapping for the Sport and Leisure Industry.
- Contraindications, (health and safety, hygiene)
- Different taping products including zinc oxide and kinesiology tape
- Practical applications of taping and strapping to ankle, knee, neck, back, hip, wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Taping for injury support
- Functional taping for sports performance
- Acute injury management
- Management of specific conditions
The course is divided into theory study and practical. Students are able to consolidate their learning and practice techniques between the days of teaching. Class sizes will be no more than 12 students, meaning students get maximum Tutor support.
Attendance over 2 days 9.30am - 5pm :
30th June & 7th July 2018 (+option to attend on 5th July 6pm-9pm)