Please read our terms and conditions carefully. All our courses are offered on the basis that these terms and conditions are incorporated in the contract. By signing up for one of our courses you are bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you cannot attend any of our courses.
1. For the purposes of these terms:
- “we”” and “”us”” means The Cotswold Academy, a trading name of Terapeutica Limited, company number, 7757391.
- “you”” means the student attending our course
- “course”” means the course designed, developed or offered by us including any revision or updates to the course as we may make from time to time
- “course materials”” means the physical working material relating to any of our courses including any revisions or updates that we may make from time to time and may be in any format of our choosing
- “CPD/Training day”” means training day(s) offered to maintain and meet up to date continuing professional development requirements.
2. We will take all reasonable effort to ensure that course materials are up to date, accurate and at the required level of quality. We do not however accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions.
3. You are responsible for inspecting course materials as soon as reasonably practical after the materials have been supplied to you.
4. All copyright and all other intellectual property rights relating to course materials are either owned by or licenced to us. Copying, adapting or any other use of all or any part of the course materials are, without express permission, strictly prohibited.
5. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of 10% of the total course fee is payable upon enrolment for any course that we offer. For CPD/training day we require full payment upon enrolment which is non refundable and non transferable. For the avoidance of doubt there will be no refund of deposits or payments made if you fail to attend your course or fail to complete the course for any reason including but not limited to personal problems, illness, change in mind, relocation or change in personal circumstances.
6. The outstanding balance on a course is payable 10 working days prior to the course commencement date. Failing this your place on the course cannot be held and we will retain the deposit paid.
7. We will not refund deposit paid for courses or payments made for CPD/training days nor will sums paid be transferable under any circumstances. At our sole discretion we may consider refund or transfer of the deposit and payments made if the cancellation is a result of serious illness preventing attendance on the course or CPD/training days. We will however require a Doctor’s certificate to consider exercising this discretion.
8. We will consider at our sole discretion payment by instalments for courses. This option is not available for a CPD/training day. If you wish to pay by instalments then you should make a request in writing to us. If we accept payment by instalments then this will be subject to payment of an administration fee of £75. The administration fee will be payable with the first instalment. We will detail any agreed instalments in writing and any default will result in full balance outstanding becoming due immediately.
9. A fee of £25 will be charged for any returned cheques.
10. We reserve the right to claim interest at the contractual rate of 8% per annum on any outstanding sums due from you.
11. We are not VAT registered which means that any price quoted for courses or CPD/training day is the amount due.
12. In the event of you requiring a re-sit of an examination or a resubmission of any written work we reserve to make a charge to cover the costs involved.
13. You are responsible to maintain your own personal hygiene as body contact on courses of this nature is essential.
14. You must wear clean uniform and shoes whilst at the Academy.
15. Female students are required to wear a therapy tunic which is supplied by us and paid for by you. The cost of the tunic is payable with the course fee.
16. Male students are required to wear a plain white polo shirt (which is supplied by us and paid for by you. The cost of the polo shirt is payable with the course fee) with plain black trousers. Male students should provide their own black trousers.
17. You should wear flat black shoes for beauty and complimentary courses. For sports courses you are permitted to wear plain white trainers.
18. The UK prohibits smoking in public places. We adopt a strictly no smoking policy on our premises including the toilets.
19. Hair should be worn away from the face and tied back if necessary.
20. Nails should be free of varnish, short, clean and neat.
21. No jewellery should be worn during practical classes and only minimum jewellery is allowed in theory sessions for example small earrings and wedding/engagement rings and no visible body piercing.
22. If you are on a beauty therapy course you should wear simple day make up when involved in client sessions and during exams.
23. During courses we ask you to recruit models for you to practice your skills on. We kindly request that you are pro-active in recruiting willing models who are happy to participate and cooperate to receive some free treatments.
24. No food or drink will be allowed in the classrooms. A kitchen and common area/room is provided for food to be consumed and for drinks.
25. Mobile phones should be switched off and packed away during lessons and practical training unless prior arrangement with the course tutor.
26. We will not accept or tolerate any violence, bad language, intimidation or any form of unsocial behaviour. We will not accept the possession, use or attempting to sell drugs or illegal substances of any kind. Acts of vandalism or malicious damage caused to our premises and belongings will not be accepted or tolerated and the cost of loss or damage will be sought from you. Any such behaviour detailed in this clause will result in immediate expulsion from the course, CPD training day and a report to the Police.
27. You are responsible for all your own personal property and we will not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your property.
28. It is important that at all times you behave in an adult manner in the classroom.
29. Examination regulations state that 80% of the course needs to be attended for you to be able to sit the examination. You may not miss a lecture without prior permission from the Principal or in his absence from your course tutor.
30. You must contact us immediately to advise if you are going to be absent.
31. Respect and privacy around the office should be adhered to at all times.
32. We cannot guarantee you parking at our premises. Please visit our website for a link to parking.
33. In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide the booked course or CPD/training day we will endeavour to book you on the same next available course or CPD/training day or alternatively we will refund the full amount of the sum paid for the course or CPD/training day. This will be our maximum liability and we will not be liable for any other consequential loss, damages, expenses or any other consequential compensation whatsoever.
34. We may at any time without prior notification make changes to the format of the course or the CPD/training day which are necessary to comply with any applicable safety or statutory requirements, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the course or CPD/training day. We reserve the right to add to, amend the scheme of work without prior notice and to alter our opening hours.
35. If it is necessary to expel you from the course for violence, bad language, intimidation or any form of anti social behaviour, acts of vandalism or malicious damage, use or possession, attempting to sell drugs or illegal substances of any kind then you will not be entitled to any refund of the course fee and we will not be liable for any consequential loss, damage, expenses or any other consequential compensation whatsoever. Further, no loss will be accepted if you are asked to leave the course for non-payment of instalments.
36. If you breach any of the rules that do not result in immediate expulsion then you will receive two verbal warnings followed by one written warning. If breaches of the rules then continue you will be expelled from the course with no refund of the course fee and we will not be liable for any consequential loss, damage, expenses or any other consequential compensation whatsoever.
37. The paying for and/or attending a course with us does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. These are gained by successful completion of the course assignments, assessments and examinations. It is the decision of the awarding bodies to pass a student for qualification. We are not responsible for any loss as a result of a student failing to achieve a pass in the course. If you fail to attend the necessary 80% of the course and under examination regulations are not submitted for the examination then we accept no liability for consequential loss for damage, costs, expenses or any other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever. Further, no loss will be accepted if you are asked to leave the course for non-payment of instalments.
38. Except in result of death or personal injury caused by our negligence we shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or any other implied warranty, condition or any other term, or any duty, common law or under the express terms of the contract, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, cost, expenses or any other claims (whether caused by the negligence by ourselves or servants or otherwise) including without limitation loss of anticipated profits, goodwill, reputation, business receipts or contracts or losses or expenses resulting in third party claims which arise out of or in connection with the provision of our services or their use by the customer, and our entire liability under or in connection with the contract whether for negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise shall not in any circumstances exceed the amount of our fees for the course or CPD/training day provided.
39. We shall not be liable to you under the above clause or any other clause unless a written claim is received by us within 14 days from the date of the course or CPD/training day.
40. We agree to maintain adequate public liability insurance in respect of the services we provide and our premises with a reputable insurance company against all insurance liability of such and account as shall be determined by us.
41. We shall upon written request provide you with copies of certificates of insurance. These are also displayed in the kitchen area of our premises.
42. These terms and conditions apply to the whole agreement between us and you and supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied unless in writing between the parties. All other terms and conditions expressly implied or statutory are otherwise excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
43. English law shall apply to the contract and the parties agree to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the English Court.
Terapeutica Ltd No7757391.
Trading as ‘Cotswold Academy of Health and Beauty’. 24, Thomas Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire. GL7 2BD.